We require a 7 night minimum. Shorter rentals only on special request.
Calculation of Rental Days
We count the rental days per night. If a reservation falls into different seasons, we will take the price per night of each season.
For a reservation we need the following information
- Name of the customer
- Type and size of vehicle
- Pick Up and Drop Off dates
- Number of persons per vehicle
- Additional Rental Items to be prepaid
Drivers License Requirements – Driver’s Age
- All drivers must be in possession of a valid drivers license
- An international drivers license is recommended
- Minimum drivers age 25 for the main driver, additional drivers minimum age is 21
- No additional drivers fee
Hours of operation
- Monday to Saturday 8:00 am to 4:30 pm, no airport pick up after 3:30 pm
- We are closed on Sundays and Holidays.
- We will handle pick ups or drop offs on special request on Sundays or Holidays for an extra charge of $150.00 each
- Statutory Holidays 2016:
- May 23 Victoria Day
- July 1 Canada Day
- August 15 Discovery Day
- September 5 Labor Day
- October 10 Thanksgiving Day
Pick Up / Drop Off Times
- Pick up will be between 8:30 am and 3:00 pm We will try our best to get you the RV in the morning
- Drop off is between 8:00 am and 10:00 am
- Late returns can be arranged at time of pick up, if late without arrangement, we will charge $ 125 per hour
Courtesy transfers from and to Whitehorse Airport or downtown hotels are included at no charge, within regular pick up and drop off times.
Our vehicles carry a $ 2Million third-party-liability coverage. With the basic insurance customers are responsible for damages for up to $ 7500.00 per occurrence. For $ 24.00 per rental day for the CDW, the deductible will be reduced to $ 750.00 per occurrence. CDW is not valid on the Dempster Highway.
- $ 7500 with basic insurance ( included in rental rate )
- $ 750 with CDW ( Collision Deductible Waiver )
A credit card authorization is required at departure for all rentals. It will be destroyed when the vehicle is returned complete with all equipment in clean condition, with no damages
Locally paid extras
For additional extras that are paid locally, we accept the following payment:
- CDN Cash
Early Returns – Unused Kilometers
Sorry, there is no refund for early returns or unused kilometers.
Sorry, we don’t allow smoking in the vehicles. If vehicle is returned with smoke smell an extra cleaning charge of minimum $ 200.00 applies.
Vehicles have to be returned clean inside and outside, with empty waste water tanks. If vehicles are returned dirty or with full waste tanks, a cleaning fee of minimum $ 150.00 will apply.
Pets are welcome, but we have to be notified at time of booking. A fee of $ 125.00 applies.
A cleaning / damage deposit of $ 250 is required at pick up.
In the unlikely event that the booked vehicle is not available, we reserve the right to substitute models of similar or higher grade. In case that a lower model will be offered and accepted, we will only reimburse the difference between original booked vehicle and the price for the vehicle taken.
We don’t charge any surcharges for traveling in the Yukon, Alaska or the Northwest Territories with the exception of the Dempster Highway and the South Canol Road. For driving on the Dempster we charge a fee of $ 150, for the South Canol Road $ 75.
Customers are welcome to leave their suitcases with us at no charge, at their own risk.
Customers are required to have a lookout person behind / beside the vehicle while backing up. Damages to the back of the unit might not be covered, if mirrors and / or back up camera are used only.
Responsibility of the renter
The renter is responsible to check the fluid levels, i.e. the engine oil. Small repairs or replacements of parts up to $ 75.00 can be done by the customer without prior authorization. The cost will be reimbursed at return of the vehicle, if original receipt is shown and the damage / repair was not caused by the renter.
Within the Yukon, BC and Alaska all public roads are permitted with the exception of:
- North Canol Road YT
- Nahanni Range Road YT
- Aishihik Lake Road after the campground
- Road from Dease Lake to Telegraph Creek BC
- Petersville Road AK from Trapper to Petersville
- Mc Carthy Road AK from Chitina to Mc Carthy
- Elliott Hwy AK to Manley Hot Springs
- Dalton Hwy AK from Livengood to Prudhoe Bay
- Steese Hwy AK from Central to Circle
- Taylor Hwy Cutoff AK from the cutoff to Eagle
We do allow the Dempster Hwy ( $ 150 fee, no CDW coverage ) , the Top of the world Hwy, the South Canol Road ( $ 75 fee )and the Denali Hwy but we ask you to be especially cautious to the road conditions.
Under no circumstances do we permit the driving on any private or logging roads
In case a customer is driving on any restricted road or area he will be fully responsible for all cost accruing out of accidents, damages or loss of time. The insurance will be void.
Customers are responsible for all traffic violations. They have to be reported at drop off, or paid on the spot. Non reported violations will be handled with an additional charge up to $ 50.00
Towing will be allowed for motorhomes / TC that are equipped with a hitch. The intention of towing has to be declared at booking. The weight limit for towing is 2500 lbs. A towing charge will apply. The CDW insurance is mandatory with towing.
The cost for fuel is the renter’s responsibility. The vehicles will be full at pick up and have to be returned the same. We don’t guaranty certain fuel mileages, but an average of 22 – 25 liters for the MH 22 /24. For the TC you can assume about 18 – 20 liters Diesel for 100 km. The propane tank is full at pick up and has to be returned the same.
The preparation fee includes:
Preparation of the vehicle, toilet chemicals, rubber gloves, road maps, flash light, broom, dust pan, bucket, garbage bin, First Aid kit, clothes hangers, tool set, clothes line, clothes pins, lighter
The convenience kit includes per person:
- Comforter, pillow with pillow case, sheet set, 2 bath towels, 2 hand towels, wash cloth, 2 dinner plates, 2 bowls, 2 mugs, 2 tumblers, 2 knives, 1 steak knife, 2 forks, 2 spoons, 2 tea spoons, wine glass
The convenience kit includes per vehicle:
- Can opener, wine opener, cooking utensils, knife set, scissors, cookware set, tea kettle, coffee press, thermos, tea pot, mixing / salad bowl set, strainer, cutting board, storage containers, microwave dishes, dish towels, dish rags, camping toaster, camping grill, frying pan for open fire, axe, 2 camping chairs
For $ 80 per person you will receive the per person and the per vehicle part of the convenience kit. If you want to bring your own bedding and towels, you can rent the convenience kit for the vehicle only for $ 80, no matter how many people.
For children up to 12 years of age, the convenience kit is free.
At the time of booking a non refundable reservation deposit of $ 750 is due. The balance is due 30 days prior to departure. Klondike RV reserves the right to charge a higher deposit for long term rentals.
Payments can be made by:
- Wire transfer
- Credit card, Visa or Mastercard
- Bank draft or check of a Canadian bank
All clients must present a valid credit card at arrival.
- Any time after confirmation – no refund of the deposit
- 04 – 30 days prior 50 % of total price
- 3 – 1 days prior or No show 100% of total price
Cancellation charges are subject to 5% GST
One change of the reservation is free, for any further change a charge of $ 30 applies.